With thanks to Reactor, who wrote this list of secrets.
This document contains all secret areas and hidden passages. Feel free to distribute and spread this all over to the ones who still like Titus the Fox.
Level 1: On the foxy trail
- You can easily get the ball, just run towards the very first flat you come across. There is a car in the garage also. Enter the flat's door (by pressing the "down" key longly), and you'll appear on the top of a chimney. To the left, there are some platforms in the starry night. Carefully jump platform to platform, and plunge down at the end. You may enter the exit now, if you wish, or you can enter that flat's door too, and you'll appear at the ball.
Level 2: Looking for clues
- There is that window next to the code lamp, where a homeless man sits on (you can get the skateboard next to this window). Kill the drunkard, and jump to the window where he was before. Press the "down" button longly to enter a small tunnel (underground?), where two killer bees will be (you can kill them with the two balls there), and some extra bonuses!
Level 3: Road works ahead
- At the top of the girders, where two killer bees are scouting, and there is a paint can, jump to the right to collect the 6 extra bonuses.
- You can get the 6 extra bonuses at the top of the wall with the homeless man throwing bottles at you. Use the spring after you successfully survived the girders.
- Not a secret, but it may make things easier: Ride the carpet through that wall of trashcans while holding the spring in your hand. At the second big flat with the "unstable" platforms, you can easily kill all enemies with the carpet, especially those annoying cook-like guys.
- When you enter the sewer system, you'll eventually come across a pile of 3 wooden boxes, next to a crawlspace leading you to a doorway with two muggers walking along two platforms. Drop down to the bottom of the boxes, and push the "down" key longly (if you hurl the boxes away, you see a small opening). Entering it will transfer you to a secret area with 3 balls, two bulldogs, and 9 extra bonuses.
- At the second pile of boxes (5 box and 1 spring), where is a small trestle-bridge also located. Use the same strategy as above: drop down among the boxes to the ground, and there is a secret passageway, leading you to a chain of secret areas, where you can obtain 19 extra bonuses alltogether.
- There is another secret area with a homeless man and 2 extra bonuses. To enter it, you will need to go up on the second girders stand high. There is a line of extra bonuses there, and below, there are those cook-like bad guys, so you can easily recognize the place I assume. Now, jump to that small corner of the stand right beside the extra bonuses, and press the "down" button as usual. You'll enter a small underground room with the homeless man, a crate and 2 extra bonuses. Crawl through the stand, and use the box to kill the homeless man, and pick up the 2 extra bonuses. You may leave via the other tunnel gateway.
Level 4: Going underground
- It's tricky how to get the code lamp here, but I'll tell you. There is the part where lots of maggots come from the stairs, and you have only two garbage pieces to throw. DON'T USE THEM UP! You may kill the maggots by throwing up stuff, and when they land on a maggot, it'll immediately kill that one. After you killed all maggots, advance up on the stairs. There is a gipsy kid with slingshot, use a piece of garbage on that one, since it's impossible to avoid. Then go back and take the second garbage with you. You'll see ventilators, and a homeless man is on the top of one. Kill it. Then go to the end of this part, until you find a spring (it's at the opening of the tunnel). Carefully crawl under the killer bees, and if necessary, drop the spring. Be careful not to get hurt by them. After you successfully took out the spring, take it to the staircase, where is an opening at the ceiling. Then go back, and collect that garbage, which is near the killer bees. Use the spring to jump up, take the garbage with you. You'll enter a secret tunnel with a homeless man. Kill that off with the garbage, and follow the pathway. You'll end up a small maintenance chamber with paint can, and 2 boxes. If you go to the boxes, you can get 2 extra bonuses here. Now, jump up, and secret blocks will pop out from nowhere, helping you to get the code lamp.
- After you left this area, you'll appear at the metro station, there are two lowlifes with small carts. At the very beginning of this area, crawl to the left, where is wall. You'll surprisingly crawl through the wall, and find a secret chamber with 16 extra bonuses!
- To enter that big buried chamber of many many extra bonuses, you'll need to find that secret area I mentioned just before…you know,the hidden corner with 16 extra bonuses. Now, if you go right to the corner of this hidden place, and press the "down" button, you'll eventually find y'self in that huge chamber with tons of shining extra bonuses! You can leave via the tunnel opening here, but be careful! You'll find yourself among two gipsy kids!
- To assassinate the gipsy kids, there are two small rocks at the side of the buried chamber with the ton of extra bonuses. If you spy carefully you'll see them. You can pick them up and kill the gipsies with them.
Level 5: Flaming catacombes:
- At the very beginning of the level, do not plunge below, but try to reach those small platforms, and jump on one. Go to the highest, and press the "down" button longly. You'll find y'self in a secret chamber with 24 extra bonuses!
- There is that upper chamber with a small elevator and 3 extra bonuses. Stack up all wooden crates at the opposide end of the chamber. You'll locate a hidden passageway. There will be a flock of killer bees flying in formation, but you'll have two barrels to kill some of them. If you manage to get past of them, you'll find a pitfall with 22 extra bonuses. There will be the code lamp of this level too. You may jump below to pick up the 22 extra bonus, and find a shortcut to the exit of the level (the area with many flies and killer bees), but in this case you'll miss another secret area with 30 extra bonuses. So you can't pick up all extras in this level. :(
- At the big pitfall (there is a large burial ground at the background), when you jump down, press the "left" button as powerful as you can. If you did it right, you will be able to get in a small niche, where is a hidden gate. Enter the gate, and you'll arrive to a big chamber with lots of balls, and 30 extra bonuses!
- When fighting the undead boss with the axe, you can throw a box at him, you will only need one to reach the exit.
Level 6: Coming to town
- The only secret is how to get those extra bonuses at the broken fence. Stepping on a broken plank will guarantee a free ticket to Hell! Use the skateboard and the 3 wooden boxes. You will need to fill the gaps with the boxes,and use the skateboard to roll through hazardous planks. This is NOT easy, but if you're quick and resourceful, y'can make it.
- There is a short-cut to the end of the level, at the construction site. You'll arrive to a floor where you'll see lines of extra bonuses covering gaps on the stand (there are spikes below). There are 3 extra bonus in a line, and there are 3 lines alltogether, so you'll recognize the place. Go to the leftmost, where the stand ends in a bed of spikes. Go right beside the spikes, and press the "down". You shall be teleported to the end of the level (it's advised to pick up the extra bonuses before you use this passageway, since there is no way back).
Level 7: Foxy's den
This level has tons of hidden rooms. Titus can enter several rooms of the flat. Here are the locations. Note that the flat has 10 floors (the 10th is the roof).
- The leftmost side of the first floor, there is a cat sleeping nearby, right under the surface of the balcony. The secret room consists 18 extra bonuses, and two flies. Carefully avoid the flies. You can exit this area at the third pile of extra bonuses via a door.
- The leftmost side of the second floor. Right at the secret entrance, there is a grandpa throwing televisions at you. I recommend you to enter this secret after you picked up the ball on the roof, or else you will have not enough "ammunition" to kill those flying mental-retards. There is nothing in this secret room except a ball, but it's a secret :| Oh well. To exit this room, use the ball to jump up at the shaded side of the room, popping out a hidden block. Press the "down" button, you'll re-appear where you was.
- Near the rightmost side of the second floor, above the grandma who blasted you with shotgun. There is also a cat nearby. The secret entryway is right beside the first wooden plank bridge (first from the right), above the cracky side of the balcony. In this room, there are several ladders, and a homeless man, plus 3 balls, and 14 extra bonuses at the end. The exit is found below the homeless man's sitting place.
- The leftmost side of the fifth floor, beyond that obstructing pole. You have to climb up to the seventh floor (there is a paint can), and drop below there, to the other side of the pole. The passage is at the dark side of the window. In this room, there are 12 extra bonuses among segmented walls. There is s tricky jump which is hard to do to go to the exit, but is possible.
- This one is hard to find: It's at the second row of balconies on the sixth floor. There is the ladder which enables you to climb to sixth floor from the fifth. Right beside it, there is a pole too. When you arrive to the sixth floor, you'll need to go to the left to grab the paint can, so you'll recognize this place as well. Next to the ladder from 5th floor, there are two windows, a big one which is near the ladder, and a small one which is a bit farther. The passage is at the dark side of this second, smaller window (if everything else fails, experiment with all dark windows of this floor). Well, you'll arrive to a small room with a ball and a grandma, plus 2 extra bonuses. Drop the ball at the wall of the room, and bounce on it. The grandma will hit you if you screw around carelessly so be on your guard, and try to pick that two extra bonuses up without losing energy. You may leave via the blue door below the extra bonuses.
- This secret door is at the rightmost side of the sixth floor, right beside the ladder, which takes you to floor seven. To the right from this ladder, there is a window, a bit left from the television-throwing old man. As usual, you can enter the secret room via the dark side on the window. This room has 6 extra bonuses, and you have to crawl along those small gaps. If you don't wish to crawl, there is a hidden shortcut at the left side of the blue door you entered. If you use it, you'll be teleported right to the 6 extra bonuses. The other blue door will take you out of here.
- This secret room is found at the rightmost side of the 8th floor. You can only access it by dropping down from floor 9, since a pole will block your way. So go up to floor 9, and drop down to the right side of the pole. The entry is right beside the pole, at the blue window. This secret room is unquestionably hard. You'll have to pass two pits full of iron spikes, pick up a skateboard, go back at the same way, and drop the skateboard to the first pit of spikes. There are 14 extra bonuses total, you can get them while riding the skateboard on the spikes. Proceed with caution!
- This secret room is also very hard to find. It's on floor 9, after the ladder which takes you to the roof. So don't climb up to the roof now, head to the right. Cross the central window row carefully, until you arrive to the balconies. There will be also two windows. A smaller one and a bigger one. The secret passage is at the dark side of the smaller window. You'll find yourself in a small chamber with 2 homeless men, 2 extra bonus, and 2 wooden boxes. If you mess this up, you can start the whole game over. DON'T PICK UP THE TWO EXTRA BONUS! Pick up the first box, and go beside the wall, where is a homeless man on the other side. Face to the direction of the homeless man while standin' right beside the wall, and put down the box "into the wall". The box will start to tremble and slip back to you while killing the homeless man. Next: Pick up the box again, and put it right beside the two extra bonuses. Be sure that you will not pick them up! Then, grab the other wooden box, and jump on top of the first box which is placed right beside the extra bonuses. You know, extra bonuses will hold objects on their top, therefore you must put this second box on the top of the extra bonuses. Walk a few steps towards them while standin' on the box, and then put it down. Then jump down back, and pick up the first box. If you did it right, the second box will stand on the top of the two extra bonus. If not, try it again. Well anywayz, if the box stays, stack this crate to the top of the other, and now, you will be able to reach the ledge above. Crawl through the gap, and pick up the anvil. Go to the lower tunnel, there will be a second homeless man. Kill him with the anvil. Then advance further, you shall come across two tunnels, one of them leads to 6 extra bonuses, there will be a wooden box in the upper corridor. As you will try to pick up the 6 extra bonuses, you will realize that the floor near them is just an "illusion", so you will fall through the floor. Don't worry if this happens, just exit through the blue door,and enter this area again via the window. You need to figure out how long the "real" floor lasts. Then, you have to jump to the upper corridor,where is the wooden box. Get the box,and drop it through the fake floor, then plunge down. While standin' on the box, you will be able to pick up the 6 extra bonuses. If you wanna pick up that two extra bonus, y'can do it alright, but y'll need to start over the level again then.
- The last secret passage is at the leftmost side of the roof (10th floor). It's not obvious where, but I'll tell you. You see some kind of concrete wall at the background. Now, the passage is at the place where this concrete wall ends. Experiment, if you can't find it. This secret room is easy. To get out of the small chamber, simply use the door. Then follow the narrow path to the 4 extra bonuses there. If you pick up the first 3 extra bonus, secret floor tiles will pop out. This means, you will have to be careful to avoid the pitfall with the spikes. It's somewhat easy, just press the "right" arrow while dropping down.
Level 8: On the road to Marrakesh
I got stuck on this thrice-cursed level for at least 5-7 years, until I figured out how to complete it.
- You have to be very quick. At the very beginning of the level, quickly press the "jump" and the "right" arrows. You'll jump to the top of the level brickwall, taking a shortcut, and arriving to a place with 5 extra bonuses. It's not a secret, and there is no way going further at the top of the brickwall.
- The super secret area is extremely well hidden in this level, but it's only good for people who don't want to collect extra bonuses, and struggle through all the other levels. You will need that box near that 5 extra bonuses. Pass that pool with that small elevator carrying the box. Carefully drop down to the pitfall, while forcefully pressing the "left" arrow. You'll see two niches, one of them has 2 wooden boxes, the one on the right has a homeless man, who will hit you with bottles vengefully. Use a box to kill him off. Now, do this: Grab a box, and jump to that other niche where the homeless man used to be. Drop the box near the corner (but not too close to the corner!), then jump back for the last crate. You will need to place this last box to the edge of the niche. Be careful not to drop it down, or you'll have to start the whole procedure all over. So place it gently to the edge of this niche. Then try to jump on it. If everything goes right, you'll stand on the box. Now, start to crawl to the right, on the top of the two boxes. You'll surprisingly crawl through the wall, and eventually enter in a huge dark chamber with the word "SUPER!". Go through the chamber, and at the other ending, start to jump up, looking for hidden blocks, which you'll find without problem. Continue popping out hidden blocks and climbing up. Exiting the pit, you will obtain a mystic blue lamp with the level code of level 14!!!! To exit this area, you may either crawl you way back, or drop down to the pit on the right. This'll take you near the ending of this level, you can even get a padlock here.
- There is the part where you see 5 wooden boxes and a mugger is walking there. You need to stack up boxes to get to the ladder up ahead. Do so, 3 boxes should do it. Then, some crawling comes: you shall enter a hidden area with 24 extra bonuses, and 1 wooden box. Take it with you.
- This secret area is very strongly connected to the first one I mentioned before: take that wooden crate with you, and carefully drop below. There will be small brick outcrops and water pools, plus two killer bees. One of them is really in a hurry, it's moving friggin' quickly. Yup, you have to go there. Out-maneuvering the bee is hard, and since you picked up the padlock, to get the wooden box back if you die, you'll need to go to the right, back to the 5 boxes and the mugger. So you BETTER not mess this up. My advice is when you arrive to the central brick outcrops, drop the crate and duck. The bee will miss. Then quickly grab the crate, and jump on the central coloumn. when the bee arrives, jump through him, to the second pool. Manage through the other pool in the same way. Now, when you get to the top of this brick pile, drop the box, and jump slightly to the direction of the pool you came from. You need to stand on the box to reach it. A hidden block will appear, which you may stand on. You'll end up on a girders stand. Navigate through the stand, and jump high from the end. There will be a chamber with more girders, and 1 crummy extra bonus. There is a pool to the right, which you can cross without fear, since secret blocks will pop out.
- This secret is essential to complete the level. Don't – and I emphasize this don't – enter the area beyond the pools with the long crawlspace!!! That's a dead end! If you come from the secret area above, don't go to the direction of the pool. Well, you may enter that area if you want to collect the 3 extra bonuses there, but FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T PICK UP THE PADLOCK!!! So, you can go into that area with lots of odd passageways, a mugger, a homeless man, and two "miner" guys (there will be 2 extra bonuses), but if you pick up the padlock, you are simply DOOMED. There is no way out of this area. Instead, go to that underground chamber with the ball on a line of spikes, and a wooden box on a small niche. This is what you'll do: Pick up the crate, and jump on the ball. Carefully avoid the spikes. Drop the crate at the very rim (or edge) of the ball. You'll need to bounce on that ball. Now, go to the other edge of the ball, and if you did it correctly, you'll be able to bounce. Bounce until the box drops to the spikes, and you get the ball. Use this ball to jump high at the opposite end of the chamber, where a tunnel will lead you to underground hazard.
- At the end of this tunnel you follow (you'll meet a killer bee on your way, but easy to avoid), you'll eventually arrive to a pitfall with small niches on its walls. One of them has a wooden box. Drop this box to the pit, and jump down. The crate landed on a bed of spikes, and you can enter a sewertunnel with 10 extra bonuses.
- When you arrive to the underground hazard chamber with those slippery platforms, carefully jump them to the skateboard. Then, plunge down to the left, a bit farther from the niche with the skateboard. You'll fall on a small platform. Press the "down" key to enter a secret passageway. It will not give any extras or bonuses, but it'll save you from many many troubles and dangerous jumps, including the skateboard ride on the spikes. If you wanna pick up a quite big amount of extra bonuses, crawl to the left through the small tunnel, until y'arrive to an underground chamber wit' many small crawlspaces. Stay on this left side, and go down. The first crawlspace holds nothin', but at the end of the second, there are some warrens wit' many extra bonuses. There will be two homeless men, but y'can annihilate'em wit' the anvil and the two wooden crates. Don't bother tryin' to kill the detestable fish, just leave it alone, and y'll be fine. After y'accomplished your task, return where you was. An elevator is found on the center of the crawlspace-chamber, so y'can easily find the way back.
- The "metro" tunnel with those chariots is a real pain in the arse, but there is a hidden part there. Pick up the spring and take it with you. Advance through the railroad track (you are on the highest). When you finally jump down, constantly go to the left! You'll arrive to a wall, with a small railroad track above. Use the spring to jump up there. At the corner, there'll be 6 extra bonuses. It's wise to carry to spring wit' you, since the ending of the level is quite hard, y'll need to kill 3 little flies, and without this spring, you will not have enough objects to get rid of all 3.
Level 9: Home of the pharaohs
- You know very well, you can choose two different passages, it'll all lead you to a tomb. You should choose the upper one. It's somewhat easier, and you can get tons of extra bonuses there, whilst the lower one has only 4 extra bonuses, and you could pick up that 4 if you chosen the upper passage (you have to be very precise though).
- Once you arrive to a chamber with 6 balls, jump to the top of the right ball stack. Then drop below 1 ball, so you'll stand on two. Now, start to crawl to the right. A top secret crawl way will be revealed. Clear the way out, then climb back, and throw 4 balls through the crawl way. Leave the two which you will stand on, or else you'll fail the level.
- This secret comes from the one before: at the tomb with the many mummies around, there is a pitfall with the 9 extra bonuses and the spikes at the bottom. Throw a ball to the bottom, and now you can get the extra bonuses without dying for them.
- To get the padlock, use a ball to reach it.
Level 10: Desert experience
- At the second floor of the windmill with the two rubbish bags (it's the 3rd windmill from the left), there is a hidden passage, which you can use to take a shortcut to the 9 extra bonuses without the necessity to fight the enemies. The passage's opening is right below the small rectangle panel at the background.
- The only secret is found at the dried-up well. You need to pass the area with the falling stalagmites, which is dangerous as can be. After that, you'll see a small pool of dirty water, and next to it, a "dried-up pool", or should I say, a small hole beside the two platforms. Drop to it, and press the "down" button to enter a secret branch of the well. There will be water below, so try not to fall down. You can pick up 15 extra bonuses here. To exit this area, simply reach the end of this warren and press the "down" again.
Level 11: Walls of sand
- At the very beginning of the level, stack up all boxes and put the spring to the top, so you can simply get past the first half of this level. Careful with icy clouds, one touch and you're fender meat! You can now jump directly to that palace where your foxy friend is being held as a hostage. This is crap, since you'll miss many extra bonus.
- Take the magic carpet with you to the top of the second palace tower (there are many extra bonuses in an arrow-shape). There is a small elevator to the right, and a detestable fly. Kill the fly, and jump on the elevator. When the elevator turns back, throw the carpet and jump on it. You'll fly to a sand building, near to its top. Some extra bonuses can be found at the top.
- There is a hidden shortcut passage at the top of the second palace tower with arrow-shaped extra bonuses. If you use it, you'll pop up at the top of the third tower,where you need to walk to the clouds. This is shitty, since you cannot carry the carpet with you (and trust me, you'll need it).
- To the right of this tower, there is a flat sand building with 3 floors, including the roof. The first floor has two small windows. The second window (from the left) will take you to the roof, with those extra bonuses. You can get those via riding the carpet and killing that fly, as I mentioned earlier.
- On this roof, you'll see cone-shaped ornaments. The second ornament from the extra bonuses has a hidden passage which takes you to the first floor of this flat sand building. There is no point in this one.
- The left window on the second floor of this building will take you to the left window on the first floor. Also a pointless secret.
- Don't forget that you shall need to carry your pal in the cage. Be sure that he is in your hand when you pick up a padlock. You can't use the cage to kill anything :( Oh well, just…be sure that you won't lose him! If you do, you simply cannot complete the level, even if you kill the boss.
Level 12: A beacon of hope
- Below the platform with the ball, there is a hidden teleporter. If you have trouble finding it, just experiment, it's below the right side of the platform. It'll teleport you straight to the ball, so you don't need to stack up those garbage bins.
- At the top of the hill, where those rocks come from, drop below, and STAY RIGHT AT THE CLIFF. You'll fall on a small platform, and will start to slip down to the water. Don't!!! You'll need to stay on the platform! Soon, a small lift will come out of the tunnel below, just above the water surface. Try to reach the lift, and duck while it moves around, avoiding your wet death. You shall arrive to a hidden side chamber. Jump to the top of the pile of pebbles here, and press the "down" button. You'll appear at the starry night falling down, and getting 16 extra bonuses.
- Not a real secret, but in case you miss it: there is a small isle at the right side of the beacon, with 24 extra bonuses. There is a spring there too. You'll need the carpet to go back to the beacon though.
Level 13: A pipe dream
- You need to be very quick and very cautious. Right at the start, press the "jump" and the "right" arrows at the same time. If you did it correctly, you'll jump out of the pipe, arriving to "mid-air" to a secret invisible way. Continue your trip to the right, getting tons of extra bonuses, and a very easy road to the finish!!!
Level 14: Going home
- This one is tricky. You'll be at the first tower of the cathedral. Carefully go to the right until you end up at the second tower. You'll see a spring, held by an extra bonus. You're going to use the same tactic as you did in level 8, to get that ball out of the spikes. Drop the box to the rim of the spring, while bouncing at the other side of the spring. You'll get the spring, and the box will stay on the extra bonus. Carry the spring to the top of the first tower of the cathedral (where you came from). Drop it at the middle platform, and start to bounce, while carefully exploring the night sky around you. Strange glowing star-platforms shall appear, letting you to climb them up, and get the carpet!
- There is a whole shitload of extra bonuses up high, above the house rooftop with the 3 cats and the 3 anvils. There is a burglar too, and 2 flower pots. You can access it via the second tower of the cathedral, by riding the carpet. Some star-platforms will pop up, and you can climb them, locating and retrieving all valuable extra bonuses. They form the word "YEAH!!" in fact. Be careful not to miss the platforms, falling down will result in a life loss.
- At the very end of the level, jump up at the chimney. Star-platforms will appear, leading you to a strange chamber levitating in mid-air. You'll arrive to the top of this chamber, where 7 extra bonuses will be.
- To enter that levitating chamber, you'll need to jump to the other side of the chimney with 3 tubes (which had those many wooden boxes at the other side). Go right beside the chimney, and you'll find the entry to that chamber, so you can pick up the 2 extra bonuses. The two crates will fall to the other two extra bonuses below. You can't pick those other two without life loss though.
Level 15: Just married
- There are no secrets in this level (finale).
Written by: Reactor
E-mail: lambda_team at freemail dot hu